We are Chinese manufacturer of all kinds of biodegradable plastic bag and compost bags in the market. It includes t-shirt bag, garbage bag, produce bag, etc.
100% Compostable Bags! Please inquire!
- Biodegradable T-Shirt Bag
- Compost Garbage Bag
Biodegradable bags are the bags that are compostable. If a plastic bag claims to be biodegradable bag and compostable for example in Australia, it must comply with Australian standard AS 4736‐2006, a standard for plastic materials that are to be biodegraded in municipal and industrial aerobic composting facilities. This Australian standard is similar to European EN 13432 standard, but has an additional requirement of a worm test. In order to comply with the AS 4736‐2006, plastic materials need to meet the following requirements:
- minimum of 90% biodegradation of plastic materials within 180 days in compost
- minimum of 90% of plastic materials should disintegrate into less than 2mm pieces in compost within 12 weeks
- no toxic effect of the resulting compost on plants and earthworms.
- hazardous substances such as heavy metals should not be present above the maximum allowed levels
- plastic materials should contain more than 50% organic materials.
Bioplastics are a diverse family of materials with differing properties. There are three main groups:
- Bio-based (or partially bio-based), durable plastics such as bio-based polyethylene (PE), polyethylene terephthalate (PET) (so-called drop-in solutions), bio-based technical performance polymers, such as numerous polyamides (PA), or (partly) bio-based polyurethanes (PUR);
- Bio-based and biodegradable, compostable plastics, such as polylactic acid (PLA), polyhydroxyalkanaoates (PHA), polybutylene succinate (PBS), and starch blends;
- Plastics that are based on fossil resources and are biodegradable, such as PBAT and PCL, but that may well be produced at least partly bio-based in the future.